Monday 20 February 2012

Mise en scène

My magazine required two photoshoots. Both shoots were carried out around school in locations that most suited its purpose. My model wore formal dress as it fitted the style of the magazine. I decided to ask him to wear dark colours in order to compliment the lighting of the shoot.

My first shoot was initially done to produce several images that I could choose from to use as my Front Cover main image. I wanted to perform this photoshoot on location rather than in a studio environment as it provided me with more freedom with space and lighting. I was able to take several photos outside as well as inside an elevator. This surprisingly gave me the best shots, with it's confined lighting and reflective sides.

My second shoot was in a dark room within the school. The purpose of this photoshoot was to find an ideal main image for my double page spread. The reason I chose this room was because it was well lit and contained black walls, which made the shot I was looking for easy to take. My model used several props during both of the photoshoots. These included electric guitars, acoustic guitars, pianos and amplifiers. This helped give the magazine a musical feel to the front cover as well as the double page spread.

No comments:

Post a Comment